MAYAN AWARDS HONOURS COVID WARRIORS
Dr J Radhakrishnan IAS presented the 7th Edition of Mayan Awards
Chennai, 23rd Feb 2021:
Mayan Vista India honours extra – ordinary achievers from medical fraternity (Doctors, Nurses) and sanitary workers who served during the COVID pandemic in the 7th edition of MAYAN AWARDS. This year awards were presented to 35 deserving people, including Prof. Dr Kapali Neelamekam, Fortis Malar Hospital, Dr Kamala Selvaraj, GG Hospital, Dr Kevin Fernando, SIMS Hospital. The MAYAN AWARDS commenced in the year 2013, conducted an International Edition at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2018.
Award function was presided over by Dr J Radhakrishnan IAS, Principal Secretary to Government, Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt of Tamil Nadu and Dr. Alby John Varghese, IAS, Regional Deputy Commissioner (South), Chennai.
Commenting on MAYAN AWARDS, Mr Narendra Davey, Editor and Chairman, Mayan Vista India said “Mayan Vista India is extremely delighted to honour these achievers who have shown remarkable courage and determination during one of most challenging times. Every single awardee chosen is truly deserving for laurels. There is only one true intention behind conducting these awards ceremonies for the 7th time, consecutively and that is to honour the people who truly deserve recognition”.
Presenting the awards Dr J Radhakrishnan IAS, Principal Secretary to Government, Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt of Tamil Nadu said “I am truly honored to be present here in the 7th edition of MAYAN AWARDS. I appreciate Mayan Vista India’s effort to recognise and honour the covid warriors. The initiative such as this will boost morality and encourage them to continue their service to the society”.
He also added that, “Since there is a drop in the number of cases, people think that the pandemic is over and they are not following the basic guidelines like wearing masks and maintaining social distance. But the virus is still there and therefore, we should be more careful by following the protocols laid down by the government”.
Awards were presented to 35 awardees, few of them are as follows :
– Prof. Dr Kapali Neelamekam, Fortis Malar Hospital, Adyar – For being a visionary in Surgery
– Dr Rajnitha Sudanthiram – For creating awareness programs on preventing COVID 19
– Dr Kamala Selvaraj, GG Hospital – For lifetime accomplishments in Women Health
– Dr Arun Kalyanasundaram, Promed Hospital – For performing several expensive treatments for no cost for patients.
– Dr Kevin Fernando, SIMS Hospital – For attending over 3000 COVID affected patients in 4 months.
– Dr Sridhar N , Kauvery Hospital – For remarkable contribution during the COVID 19 pandemic
– Dr Sabanayagam, MGM Healthcare – For his commitment in critical care during the COVID 19 pandemic
– Sanitary workers
The event was conducted keeping all the safety measures in mind and turned out to be a gala affair with the esteemed presence of distinguished guests, senior members from Medical & Government entity.